Tuesday, March 18, 2014

This year's ASPLOS was great !!!

This is the second time I have been to ASPLOS. I want to thank and applaud the organizers for organizing such a great conference.

One of the things I like about ASPLOS is its interdisciplinary orientation. Although my research focuses on computer architecture, I always look forward to seeing and following research related to OS and PL.

The quality of the presented work was really high, illustrating the hard work of both authors and the program committee. I really liked the insights of many papers. Although there were two parallel tracks, the lightning session gave a gist of the conference, allowing participants to choose paper sessions to attend. As such, I was able to follow all the papers that were of great interest to me.

I also liked the special sessions (debate and crazy ideas) this year. They were fun, inspiring, and very well organized. Kudos to the organizers and the presenters.

Besides a great research organization, the recreational events were amazing. In particular, the excursion to the Olympic stadium was really cool -- an NBA game would also be great :). I haven't never skated or played curling in my life. Although I was a bit reluctant to try both, I am more than happy that I did. The food was great. The beer was great. Everything was great. All the kudos to the organizers. A big thanks.

Last but not least, I really enjoyed the inspiring and fruitful discussions in the hallway with other junior and senior attendees.
 
I look forward to attending ASPLOS in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment