Saturday, March 15, 2014

Memorable ASPLOS experience

This was my first time attending ASPLOS, and I was so excited to present my work at such high-standard conference. During the main conference, I was really impressed by the great organization and many other things. I would like to highlight some of my impressions in this post.

The broadness and real-world impacts of the presented work were significant. The papers accepted by ASPLOS may vary in topic and discipline, but their commonality was the real impact and inspiration to the CS-in-general research and industrial practice.

The review process was more effective and objective than many other conferences. I was so impressed by the double-blind multi-stage process that was able to produce rigorous and high-quality reviews. Designing and performing such complex process required significant efforts from reviewers. I would like to express my sincere appreciation to them.

The lightning session and the poster session provided chances to authors to greatly improve the visibility of their work. In addition to the regular presentation, I enjoyed having deep discussions on multiple pieces of work during the poster session.

Finally, the excursion was great! It was my first time playing curling, although I realized I was not good at it :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment