Tuesday, March 18, 2014

This round of ASPLOS yielded the most interesting conference conversations I can recall recently.  The conference-attached poster session and lightning talks (particularly the latter) were positive additions to this year's ASPLOS.  The extra bit of work for authors was worth it, and resulted in more accidental chances for discussion of my paper than I've had at previous venues.  As nice as single-track sessions are, I did not feel the two tracks to be too difficult.

SLC's mountains made for a pretty setting, and I regret not having time to take advantage of the Utah outdoors.  I was baffled by the seeming emptiness of the immediate city center area, but this seems to accompany convention centers in general.

Despite the great additions to the conference format, my favorite feature of this year's conference was the decision to bring SIGMOO on board with a forward-thinking session on dairy center computation.
I recommend that future ASPLOS organizers repeat this session (or other topics in agricultural support) and milk it for all its interdisciplinary worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment