Monday, March 17, 2014

ASPLOS 2014

This was my first time attending ASPLOS. I really enjoyed seeing papers from many different areas of computer research - big data, computer architecture, virtualization, etc. This diversity is what makes ASPLOS unique and a great place to network and get ideas.  I was able to get a lot of good feedback on my own work both during the Q&A session after my talk, as well as during the poster session.

One of the highlights of the conference was the WACI session. Although the presentations could have been WACI-er, I thought Michael Wei's talk stole the show and was really in the spirit of WACI. This trip was also my first time in Salt Lake City and I really enjoyed it. It was beautiful this time of year, and the locals were extremely hospitable. The excursion was also unique and a lot of fun. Overall I had an excellent time at ASPLOS 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment