Monday, March 17, 2014

ASPLOS experience

I have experiences to attend several conferences before, but I can say that ASPLOS was the best! Since I worked on specifically the large-scale and cloud systems area, the conferences that I attended before have focused interests and most people who were publishing and presenting had more concentrated and specified view of research. However, I have seen very active and interdisciplinary conversation between great researchers working on totally different areas in ASPLOS, and it was really exciting!

I had attended most sessions in ASPLOS, and I was surprised of the variety of topics treated by ASPLOS! Throughout from low-level power and architectural layers to operating system and virtualization, there are so many interesting talks and debates among researchers.

Foods and excursion event were more reasons why I was so happy with ASPLOS! High-quality foods and drinks were provided every day for participants, and every participant was able to enjoy many activities such as skating and curling in excursion event. Through these things, we could make a relationship with other researchers and totally enjoy the conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment