Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Great Experience to ASPLOS


It was my first time to present my paper at a conference! I really want to thank ASPLOS for recognizing my paper at the beginning and thank my advisor for giving me patient instructions and great supports.

ASPLOS is such a stage and a forum where people from different disciplines present their work and exchange their ideas. I like the fact that it is not just a computer architecture conference.  I learn from different people from different research areas.  It is awesome to know some great research such as k2, scale-out NUMA, etc.

Traveling to Salt Lake City is also exciting. Although as a paper presenter I did not have enough time for travelling around, taking part in the excursion to the Olympic Oval with a group of brilliant people is an experience I will never forget. I learnt how to skate on that day, talked to Prof. Kim from Columbia University, chatted with students from EPFL, met a group of Chinese students...And the food was great! I normally do not eat meat, but meat cooked with Indian spicy was too good to resist.

I gave a good talk on the second day. Thanks my advisor David again! He accompanied my and gave me great supports. After the talk, I talked about the Sharing Architecture with a lot of people. People came for questions, really challenging questions, and even collaborations. I was so excited to know that many people like the Sharing Architecture!

To sum up, it is an experience that I will cherish for a long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment