Monday, March 17, 2014

ASPLOS experiences

I have been to many computer conferences, but it was the first time that I have attended the ASPLOS. It was one of the greatest experiences that I have ever had. There are many things that make the ASPLOS unique. The quality of papers is very high. They are very informative and cover different aspect of computer architecture. The atmosphere of the conference was also very friendly. I made good friends and could expand my network.

I got the chance to present a paper in one of the collocated workshops (WACAS). The feedbacks that the community provided to me was very useful and thoughtful. Not only many of my questions are answered, but also many new and interesting challenges and questions come to my mind.

I also want to suggest one thing that might help to motivate new students to be part of this amazing community. It would be great if we could have a session/event for undergrad students to be able to present their ideas. Usually it is hard for undergrad students to publish in top-tier conferences. This event would provide them the opportunity to be part of this great conference and observe the existing challenges in this area.

At the end, I encourage students to attend and publish papers in ASPLOS. It provides a great experience and shed the light for your future works. Hope to see you soon in the future ASPLOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment