Monday, March 17, 2014

ASPLOS'14 Experience

This was my first time at ASPLOS and my first conference as well. I was nervous but also excited to give my first talk in front of so many researches at such a high-standard conference. Thanks for all the useful feedback and comments! 

As a multi-disciplinary conference, ASPLOS offers a great opportunity for gathering ideas from various areas, e.g. architecture, compiler, and os. To learn all these thoughtful and intriguing findings from those experts in that area is really exciting for me.

I really enjoyed the lightning talks, the presentations, and the special sessions("wild and crazy ideas" and "debate”). The lightning talks give great advertisement of the works and make me want to listen to almost every talk, especially talks in Session 1A: Data centers and Session 3B: Heterogeneous computing. Talking with the authors directly makes me better understand their work and the whole area. But I have to say, my favorite is still the special sessions, especially the debate. Before the debate, I was on the side of specialized architecture, but I changed my mind afterwards. 

It is a great experience at ASPLOS’14. Not only I learnt a lot, but also made so many good friends. Thanks a lot for such great organization and opportunity! See you at ASPLOS’15! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment