Friday, March 14, 2014

My experience @ ASPLOS 2014

The ASPLOS 2014 took place in Salt Lake City, Utah from March 1-5, 2014. After 25 hours of flight from Singapore to Salt Lake City, I was expecting myself to be sluggish, tired and jet lagged. On the contrary, I felt otherwise. I was welcomed by an enthusiastic group of people at the registration. I was surprised to receive a fleece as a compliment. It was followed by sessions of papers which enlightened me with immense knowledge and forethought.

The keynotes were well organized. Among the keynotes, I was excited to hear about the information shared by Brad Calder from Microsoft. His in depth knowledge about cloud domain was very informative. The keynote talk on brain computing by Jeff Gehlhaar from Qualcomm  was really innovative and impressive. The lightning sessions were quite crisp and helpful in deciding the sessions to attend. A special mention goes to the debate session. Any debate session would be as interesting as its topic.

This is my first ASPLOS as an attendee / author / presenter. It was genuinely an humbling experience to meet fellow researchers from versatile fields.  The papers presented in ASPLOS were quite knowledgeable. The presenters were very interactive in sharing their knowledge. I was fortunate enough to be to introduce to works on heterogeneous mobile platform (K2), virtualization (KVM/ARM), Cider on android etc,. My presentation was well received and positively criticized. I thoroughly enjoyed the Q&A session after my talk.    

The excursion trip was fun. The oval is a pleasant place to visit and have fun. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people involved in organizing ASPLOS 2014. Especially, my sincere thanks goes Prof. Adve, Prof. Rajeev and Prof. Al Davis for their strenuous hard work to make this event a successful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment