Friday, March 14, 2014

ASPLOS 2014 Experience

This is my second time attending ASPLOS, both time presenting a paper at GPGPU workshop. I was impressed by the great organization and high quality of main conference/workshop papers presented. Here are some highlights of the event that I want to share:

-GPGPU7
  It was the second time that I presented a paper on this workshop. The keynote was great that gave a very clear idea about future direction of heterogeneous architectures. I love the idea of HSA and truly thinks this is the future.
  People were really interested in my presentation and asked lots of interesting and challenging questions. They are very useful to advance the work. I've got opportunities to talk to other presenters who provided different perspectives.

-Main Conference
  My main focus on the ASPLOS are works in GPGPU areas. Although they are not many, they are very innovative. Other works may not directly related to my research, but they did provide me with some fresh angles to look at research problems.
  I love the lunch session on the other day when several tables were reserved for women. I've talked to several genius women researchers about their work, one of which was the main leader of a very closely related work of my research.
  The excursion was great! I tried the first time in my life walking (or rather stumbling) on the ice. That was fantastic experience. I've got some help from nice people by holding my hands and teaching me how to control my balance. I got too excited that nearly forgot to eat the delicious dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment