Monday, March 17, 2014

An ASPLOSion of Ideas

I should start by saying that this was my very first conference, so please forgive me if my observations seem simple to more seasoned conference-goers.  I had a wonderful time at ASPLOS seeing cutting edge research across the system stack, both in areas I was familiar with, as well as those that I know very little about.  I enjoyed that the serious talks were broken up by more light hearted ones, such as the WACI presentations.  Most of all though, I loved thinking about the combination of everything I saw to get an exciting glimpse at what the future may hold for computing.  I see now that this is one of the major benefits of having a conference that brings people from many different research areas together.

I was invited out to speak for the first time at the WACAS co-located event. I found this act of contributing what I've been working on to be extremely rewarding and I hope to do it again sometime with a full conference talk. 

Finally, as an undergraduate trying to figure out whether or not to attend graduate school, I found this conference to be very useful in seeing part of the research world as well as learning from other attendees about differences between institutions.  All in all I had a fantastic trip and I'd like to thank ASPLOS for aiding me in attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment