Sunday, March 16, 2014

ASPLOS 2014: Curling, FSMs and fun!

An applause for the all the organizers and people who worked really hard to make this happen, and for making this so great. The sheer number of people from a lot of disciplines, the sharing of ideas, and just getting a chance to know whats out there made this a memorable experience.

The curling experience was a lot of failure and a lot of fun! The dinner was awesome, I never expected good Indian food at a conference. I got a chance to interact with some really smart people, and got a lot of useful feedback about my research.

My favorite talk was "Data-Parallel Finite-State Machines" from Microsoft research. The idea of enumeration and convergence is really cool, and I can see a lot of applications and optimizations stemming forth from this.

This was my first ASPLOS, and my first conference as well. It would be wrong to say I wasn't nervous, giving my first talk and being in the company of giants. However, the whole conference turned out to be a really fun experience, and I look forward to ASPLOS 2015 (Istanbul!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment