Saturday, March 15, 2014

ASPLOS 2014

This year's ASPLOS was one of the most enjoyable conferences that I've attended.  Part of that was a bit coincidental: several ASPLOS attendees this year were either former students of our research group or people that I've met at other conferences and meetings.  As a result, ASPLOS this year felt a little bit like homecoming because I had the opportunity to meet with people that I haven't seen for awhile.

There were several other things, though, that made this ASPLOS especially enjoyable.  I enjoyed the talks (especially the 2A Security and 4A Virtualization sessions, although I might be a little bit biased on Session 2A :) ), and since I am on the job market, it was great to speak with people from both industry and the academia.  The idea of having lightening talks and poster sessions to handle the downsides of having a dual-track conference was clever, in my opinion.  I'm interested in hearing from people to see if it helped them decide which talks to attend.

All of this said, I think my favorite part of the entire conference was the ice skating.  It was an absolutely great time.  Who says micro-architecture and ice don't mix?

No comments:

Post a Comment