Saturday, March 15, 2014

ASPLOS'14

This was my first time at ASPLOS and my first conference talk. I was excited to meet many senior and junior people from different communities and hear about their research. Some of them I have met before and this was a great opportunity to see them again and discuss what is new. My talk went well and I would like to thank everybody for their useful feedback and comments. I also enjoyed other talks and I think I learned a lot.

ASPLOS is really unique because it gathers people from different fields (i.e. OS, PL, Arch.) and with different backgrounds and research interests. This allows attendants to meet and have productive conversations with people working on related (often the same) problems but at different levels and using different approaches. Also, they get the opportunity to learn about certain problems and solutions across the stack they were not aware of before.

Finally, I really appreciated the debate that took place at the end. I think whoever came up with that deserves some kind of an award. :) Hope this will become tradition (if it is not already).

No comments:

Post a Comment