Monday, March 24, 2014

My Exciting Adventures in Utah


ASPLOS 2014 was a wonderful experience for a myriad of reasons! I had the opportunity to meet with a diverse set of people (both technically and culturally), curl the stone, discuss exciting research topics, meet old friends, observe superb presentations, and have my ideas hacked and improved. I find that each of these made the conference an outstanding experience.

The presentations were well done, insightful, and thought provoking. With authors of the various presentations, I discussed several interesting ideas on topics ranging from randomly throwing away instructions for performance, telling the operating system to keep its hand off my app memory, and even build my iOS app once and run on Android. These are just a few of the memorable discussions I was privy to while attending ASPLOS.

A last aspect of my ASPLOS adventure to comment on was the opportunity to mingle my ideas with a fresh crop of interesting research directions and perspectives. This exposure led to an exuberating set of new ideas, which sadly I will have to wait upon to explore because there are so many fun things to look into. It is truly a great time to be a systems+compilers security researcher.

I would like to say thank you to the ASPLOS chairs, organizational committees, reviewers, and (I imagine) numerous volunteers who made this an exciting and memorable time; Also, I would like to send out a great thanks to all the other participants at ASPLOS who shared in spirited debates and discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment