Thursday, March 13, 2014

ASPLOS'14 trip

I was excited to attend ASPLOS, since it is such a top conference in our field. By attending it, I got chances to talk with some outstanding junior researchers and prestigious senior scholars.  From the conversions, I got direct feedbacks on my research ideas, meanwhile, extended my knowledge by learning interesting ideas from others. It is always a happy process when exchanging ideas with excellent researchers.

ASPLOS is a multi-discipline conference. As a programming system researcher, sometimes I found it was hard to understand the details of some research topics. But I was not bothered too much by that. Instead, it was fun to see some unfamiliar topics from other areas, especially when I realized there were some ideas in common, though they targeted different problems. This also gave me a chance to view my own research problems from a different perspective.

Besides research, the happiest thing to me is getting some nice friends. I felt relaxed when I spent time with them. Hope the friendships can last even after we graduate and join either industry or academia.

No comments:

Post a Comment