Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Experiences at ASPLOS'14

This was my first time to attend ASPLOS and my second time to have a paper at ASPLOS. The conference main program is excellent and the conference is very well organized. The lightning section is a very good idea, especially given the parallel sessions. I wish the poster session could be held even earlier, e.g., during the reception. The WACI session is very interesting and inspiring, particularly Michael Wei's talk on Dirty RAM and Rotten Caches : Saving the World From Useless Updates.

I really like the inter-disciplinary nature of ASPLOS, which encourages and creates an opportunity for computer scientists in different area to collaborate and inspire each other. I think it is the essential ingredient in making larger impact.

Finally, I want to thank the organizing committee for their great effort in making such great event happen and the generous support on travel grants.

No comments:

Post a Comment